I was tagged by Holly Schindler to share five writerly confessions.
1. Here's a picture of my "desk" (the same computer hutch I've had since I was eighteen). I've never had an office so...I will write anywhere.
2. Before I start working on a new story, I always visit the setting. This fancy chicken coop might end up in my work-in-progress.
3. I create playlists for chapters, scenes, and specific characters. Every story has its own soundtrack. I saved shoeboxes full of the cassette tapes (and stories) I recorded as a kid. Today I prefer Spotify.
4. I never outline. Instead, I sketch a storyboard after the first draft is finished.
5. All my characters are very real to me. In fact, I still think about them years after a book is published and wonder how they're doing…