1. What are your nicknames?
C-J. Lady Jane. Grasshopper. Skeletor.
2. What do you do before bedtime?
I plug myself into my noise-canceling headphones and listen to late night talk shows about ghosts and UFOs (no wonder I suffer from nightmares).
3. What fandom(s) are you most into at the moment?
I'm semi-obsessed with that TV show about ice road truckers.
4. What is your favorite scent?
Laura Ashley Number One (a discontinued perfume only found on EBay). I've worn it since seventh grade. When my boyfriend splurged on a bottle for my birthday, I almost cried.
5. What videogames are you playing at the moment?
I used to be a gamer girl, but the newer 3-D platform games leave me cold. I’d rather hook up my old Nintendo 64 and play Metroid.
6. What is your theme song?
When I was twelve, this boy in my math class used to sing, "Cheer up, Crissa-Jean," to the tune of "Daydream Believer." (Yeah. I was a moody little kid. You could say I was emo before the word became an adjective).
7. Do you trust easily?
8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?
I'm way too obsessive. My mind is like a dog chewing on a bone.
9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
10. Do you have a good body-image?
In school, I used to wear baggy jackets and jeans in a futile attempt to look less like a string bean. Kids made fun of me for being skinny. My mom said I'd get over it.
I'm over it.
11. Is being tagged fun?
It's an honor I take very seriously.
12. What websites do you visit daily?
And this one (duh).
13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?
Caffeine. (Lately? Who am I kidding?)
14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
A super smart pixie chick!
15. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
I'll show you.
As he oozes around the room, I can't stop looking at the crucifix dripping with rosaries, the half-finished Rubik's cube, the bottle of hand sanitizer, and the top drawer (what's inside?)
16. What are your favorite items of clothing?
Fuzzy scarves, textured tights, and leather boots.
Obviously, I was born in the wrong city.
17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
Those sticky bricks of cereal studded with mini marshmallows? Major yum!
18. What would you do if you see saw $100 lying on the ground?
I can't even imagine. Once, my friend scooped a dollar off the sidewalk and little bits of rock candy tumbled out.
BTW: It wasn’t rock candy.
19. What items could you not go without during the day?
my Iphone, digital camera, and Moleskine notebook (in case I feel like spying on people).
20. What should you be doing right now?
Grading semi-autobiographical prose poems from the students in my creative writing class.
This week, I've read about a girl who got kidnapped in Columbia, an ex-soldier who held his son's hand for the first time, and an assorted variety of I-hate-my-ex boyfriend/girlfriend rants.
I should brew more coffee.